The Asterisk Development Team is pleased to announce the release of Asterisk 14.0.0. This release is available for immediate download at http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk
Asterisk 14 is the next major release series of Asterisk. It is a Standard Support release, similar to Asterisk 12. For more information about support time lines for Asterisk releases, see the Asterisk versions page: https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions
For important information regarding upgrading to Asterisk 14, please see the Asterisk wiki:
A short list of new features includes:
* A complete overhaul of the core DNS support in Asterisk, including implementing full NAPTR and SRV support in the PJSIP stack via the libunbound library.
* The ability to publish extension state to a SIP Subscription server, such as Kamailio. This includes the ability to automatically generate a hint in the dialplan based on device state changes using the new autohint setting.
* Playback of media from a remote HTTP server via a URI is now supported by all dialplan applications and AGI. Media retrieved using a URI is cached in a media cache and re-used when possible.
* When using ARI to manipulate media on a resource, a list of media resources can now be supplied. The media resources will be played back sequentially in the order that they are provided.
* Channels created via ARI can now be created and handed off to Stasis for external control prior to performing the outbound dial. This enables applications to set additional state on the channel prior to dialing, as well as enabling certain early media scenarios.
And much more!
More information about the new features can be found on the Asterisk wiki:
A full list of all new features can also be found in the CHANGES file:
For a full list of changes in the current release, please see the ChangeLog:
Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!